We understand how important it is to keep your personal information private, and have implemented security and privacy safeguards to ensure your information is not shared beyond what is needed to provide you with the services you have agreed to.
- We directly collect your contact personal information, unique identifiers, preference information when you visit our website and publicly available personal information about you
- We may combine the personal information we collect from you when you visit our website with information obtained from other sources to help us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and to help us better tailor our interactions with you
- We may also collect information relating to your use of our website through the use of various tracking technologies, including cookies
- We collect information about your visit to our sites, including what pages you view, the number of bytes transferred, the links you click, the materials you access and other actions taken
- We may combine this information with your personal information to and use the combined information in accordance with this privacy statement.
- We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities and language, your operating system, the date and time you access the site and the website from which you linked to one of our sites. We do not combine this standard information with other personal information.
- We use personal information about you that we collect when you visit our website for various purposes, such as to improve our products and services, communicate with website users, market products and services and to conduct research
- We may contact you for customer satisfaction surveys, market research or in connection with certain transactions
- We share personal information about you with other third parties when it is legally permissible or required
- We will not sell personal information about you that we collect when you visit our website to third parties
- We use your personal information to deliver services or carry out transactions you have requested, including, but not limited to, providing information on products or services, registering purchased products, processing product orders, handling warranty claims, replacing product manuals, answering customer service requests and facilitating the use of our sites.
- In order to offer you a more consistent experience in your interactions with Houston Hernia Center – including, but not limited to, learning about you and how you interact with and use Houston Hernia Center products and services; developing and managing our products, services and customer care; and providing you with information about Houston Hernia Center products and services that you may be interested in — information collected by our sites may be combined with information we collect or acquire through other means.
- We may use your personal information to perform business analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of our business, our sites and Houston Hernia Centerh products or services (including new products or services), or to make our sites easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information or by customizing our sites to your particular preference or interests.
- Each promotional e-mail communication we send includes an unsubscribe link allowing you to stop delivery of that type of communication. If you elect to unsubscribe, we will remove you from the relevant list within 10 business days.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to your hard disk or to your browser’s memory when you visit our site. Cookies are useful because they help arrange the content and layout of our site and allow us to recognize those computers or other devices that have been to our sites before. Cookies do many different jobs, such as allowing our websites to remember your preference settings and helping us to enhance the usability and performance of our sites and your experience using them.
Our site also may contain electronic images known as web beacons – sometimes called single-pixel gifs – that allow us to count the number of users who have visited specific pages. We may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Setting your cookie preference
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of Houston Hernia Center’s sites or other websites that you visit.
Our use of web analytics
Houston Hernia Center uses industry standard web analytics to track visits to our sites. These analytics are provided by Google Analytics. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our sites, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
You may opt out of web analytics by installing these tools on your computer.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the sites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. There currently is disagreement, including among participants in the leading internet standards-setting organization, concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals.
Houston Hernia Center currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, Houston Hernia Center will reassess how to respond to these signals.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Houston Hernia Center has implemented organizational, technical and administrative safeguards to protect the personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
Wherever we collect information , that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon in your browser’s web address bar, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline.
Links to Third Party Sites
- When we collect personal information from you, you may tell us that you do not want it to be used for further marketing contact
- You may also contact us to correct, update, amend or request deletion of personal information about you.
- You may also turn off cookies in your browser
- You may opt out of any future contacts with us at any time.